On the occasion of World Physical Therapy Day, the following events were conducted by Nitte Institute of Physiotherapy:
- An e-poster competition on the topic “Taking Control of Chronic Pain” was conducted on 6th September 2019 at NIPT. The judges of the competition were Prof. Dr. Dhanesh Kumar KU, Principal and Ms. Shilna Rani, Asst. Professor, Nitte Institute of Physiotherapy. The winner of the competition was Isabella Hass, II BPT.
- Swachh Sena of Nitte Institute of Physiotherapy participated in the 5th Phase of Ramakrishna Mission's 40th Sunday Swachhta Abhiyan on 8th September 2019 at Kuloor flyover. Principal of NIPT, Prof. Dr. Dhanesh Kumar K.U, faculty members, Dr. Purusotham Chippala, Mr. Subhashchandra Rai, Mrs. Saumya Srivastava and Mr. Krishnaprasad along with 100 students participated in the event. Dr. Shishir Shetty, Dean, Student Welfare, ABSMIDS and Mr Chandramohan Hegde, Social worker, jointly flagged off the event. The volunteers cleaned 4 black spots and removed the waste dumped on road sides.
- The World Physical Therapy Day was celebrated on 8th September 2019 at Ramakrishna Math, Mangaluru. Prof. Dr. Dhanesh Kumar K U, Principal of NIPT welcomed the gathering and informed the students about the purpose and significance of the day.
- A Frontier lecture titled “Role f Physical Therapy in Service to Humanity” was delivered by Swami Buddhidanandaji Maharaj, Asst. Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission, Bhuvanagiri, Telengana. He advised the students to be ethical, empathetic & compassionate to patients and stressed that the true reward for a physiotherapist is the patient’s satisfaction and happiness, when he gets cured. Prof.Dr. MS Moodithaya, Pro Vice- Chancellor, NitteDU presided over the function and delivered an inspiring speech. He urged the students to be focused, updated on their knowledge, be proud of their profession and stressed on the importance of becoming an asset to the society by acquiring credibility along with professional ability.
- Karunya, the voluntary unit run by the contribution of faculty of NIPT, donated 70 school bags to the students of Balakashram, Ramakrishna Math representing the institutional social responsibility. The events were co-ordinated by Ms Shellette D’Almeida, Asst.Professor, NIPT. A total of 230 students participated in all the events.