Department of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry, A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Deralakatte conducted revision lectures on February 20 th 2020, for preparing postgraduates for their exams. The programme was organised by Prof (Dr) Amitha M Hegde, Head of the Department and under the able guidance of Dr Nikita Lolayekar, Reader, Department of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry. Speakers were invited to give revision lectures from various dental colleges of Karnataka. The programme was inaugurated by Prof (Dr) Dilip G Nayak, Dean, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore in the presence of the Vice Dean Prof (Dr) Mithra N Hegde, ABSMIDS.
Various eminent Pediatric dentists were speakers were namely Dr.Savitha Satyaprasad (Professor and HOD KVG Sullia), Dr. Kavita Rai (Professor, ABSMIDS), Dr. Sharan Sargod (Professor, Yenapoya Dental College), Dr. Vabitha Shetty (Professor, ABSMIDS), Dr Rashmi Nayak (Professor, MCODS, Manipal), Dr Latha Anandakrishna (Professor, M.S. Ramaiah Dental College), Dr B.M. Shanthala,(Professor and HOD, Coorg Institute Of Dental Sciences). Over 100 postgraduate students from Amrita School Of Dentistry, GDC Kottayam, AME Dental College Raichur, GDC Hyderabad, JSS Dental College, A.J Institute Of Dental Sciences, Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences, KMCT Dental College, Yenapoya Dental College, Manipal College Of Dental Sciences Manipal, Manipal College Of Dental Sciences Mangalore, KVG Dental College Sullia,Coorg Institue OF Dental Sciences, attended this programme. The lectures were mainly aimed for exam going postgraduates even though first and second years also attended the same.
The questions asked were regarding:
1. Relevance of the topics covered.
2. Clarity of the material covered.
3. Depth in which the material was covered.
4. Opportunity provided for asking questions
5. Appropriate responses to the questions asked.
6. Organization of the event.
The following suggestions/ comments were given by the students :
- The best program ever, thank you so much.
- Should have been two days.
- Very informative and great speaker sessions.
- More time could have been allotted for each session.
- Great experience, was a rapid review; would have been better if each session would have been more than 30 min.
- Please give time according to the topics.
- Wonderful session, length could have been more.
- Better if session was for 2 days.
- Adjust time duration for each session, specially case history.
- Do conduct these programs in future.